Hannah Contreras in Edinburgh

I made a really good group of friends at Edinburgh, all of whom were British or European. I stayed with them at their homes, traveled to see them in different cities, and explored Europe together with them. They were my rocks and support throughout my time abroad and I know that our friendships are true and lasting. They made every day fun, even the many long days we spent studying in the Law Library for our end-of-year exams.
I loved having a large single room, and its view of Old Town Edinburgh made me smile each day, even when it rained non-stop. I also met a lot of my really close friends in my accommodation. We spent many fun nights hanging out in each other’s rooms, and playing pool or watching movies in the common room.
Take advantage of every opportunity in Edinburgh. It feels like a small college town in a good way, and you really do have full control of it as a student. Find your local pub, but also branch out and go to different places and use student discounts as much as you can. Take as many pictures and videos as you can, but also remember to put your phone down and really take it all in in the moment because once you leave, it all feels like it was some beautiful, fantastical dream.