Nya Manneh – USC Madrid

• Major: Communication

• Minors: Cinematic Arts; Spanish

• Email: nmanneh@usc.edu

Talk to me about: Studying Abroad as a Communications and Journalism Major, finding curly hair care abroad, and any fears or concerns you may have about living abroad!

Advice: PUSH YOURSELF OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE. One thing that was very common amongst my friends in the program was that we were all very good at conversing in Spanish, but lacked the confidence to do so, and it stopped us from having a lot of amazing interactions with locals. Try to talk in Spanish whenever you can. If anything, it will make you grow in confidence and make you feel more comfortable in such a new environment. I also HIGHLY encourage you to get out of the house and explore as much as possible. 4 to 5 months seems like a long time, but trust me, it goes by in the blink of an eye. You will 100% wish that you took more time to find new places around the city, so take the time to find those places that feel like home to you. I ended up falling more and more in love with the city every day the more I got to discover new neighborhoods around me. There’s always so much to see, so definitely don’t take all of the beauty around you for granted.

Back to Study Abroad Ambassadors