Dan D’Adamo – University of Sussex

• Major: Cinematic Arts (Film & Television Production)

• Email: dadamo@usc.edu

Talk to me about: Really; feel free to reach out! Of course, University of Sussex and life in Brighton, as well as the UK as a whole. I also spent a good bit of time in London, so I can also answer some questions about that. I lived off campus in university owned accommodation, so feel free to reach out if you’re thinking of that. Also reach out if you’re considering study abroad as an SCA or film production student. Let’s chat about travel! I have tons of packing tips. Also happy to give advice related to my experience of being queer and trans abroad. And I have advice about where to get a SIM card, bedding, cookware, how to pay for transit, and all the little stuff, but don’t worry, the fun is figuring everything out as you go.

Advice: You won’t regret study abroad, I promise you won’t miss out on anything back at USC. Everyone says get outside your comfort zone, but I’ll advise you to just say yes as much as possible. Take every invite, and I’m begging you, invite yourself to stuff. Keep a travel journal, and pick one souvenir to collect; postcards are my recommendation. Don’t be afraid to do things alone. Travel. Stay in hostels. Don’t just fly everywhere, take trains, buses and ferries, embrace the journey. Go hiking. Be flexible and learn how to pivot when plans change or fall apart. Be resourceful, and make things happen, make your own adventures. And don’t take any classes that look too challenging, or any classes you don’t know anything about because it will be hard to prioritize academics.

Back to Study Abroad Ambassadors