Each of our declared Mathematics majors and minors will be assigned an Academic Advisor.
Advisors help students with all administrative matters, such as:
- producing course plans for a student’s career at USC
- holding pre-registration advisement meetings with their students to review degree requirements
- making possible substitutions or waiving degree requirements
- helping to find appropriate electives for each student’s aims and interests
- giving guidance on good sequencing of upper-division mathematics courses
- clearing advisement holds and giving D-clearance
- assisting students who wish to declare a major or minor in Mathematics
- assisting students who wish to change to a different degree in Mathematics
- alerting students to upcoming conferences, internships, or funding opportunities
Our Advisors work closely with the Undergraduate Vice Chair and the Front Office Staff.