Victoria Gacutan at USC Paris

• Program: USC Paris

Term: Spring 2024

Major: Philosophy, Politics and Law

Minor: French

As a French minor, I wanted to gain more experience speaking French! I have always wanted to study abroad somewhere and USC Paris made that happen. USC Paris also fit well into my curriculum since all the courses I took counted as a grade and were easily transferred into my USC GPA.
I stayed with a host-family and became really close with them. We are still in contact! I was able to get real advice about where to go and visit in France, as well as eat super delicious home made cuisine. Living with a host-family inspired me to explore more areas and practice my French more often without having the fear of being judged.
Just like your freshman year moving into college was a transition, this may and will be a huge transition. Be patient and kind with yourself, absorb everything in like a sponge, and have an open mind. My favorite memories from the program were making amazing friends, experiencing an entirely new culture, the food, being able to visit other countries, taking courses in French and at a French university.