February - March 2014
PERE is partnering with KCET Departures for a newly launched series of web articles to explore what transportation equity means for Los Angeles and its residents. These articles build on the research featured in on our report, "An Agenda for Equity," and highlights the community stories and issues in L.A.'s complex transportation ecosystem.
Visit the L.A. in Motion page on KCET >>
- "A Vision for the Next Los Angeles: Transportation Equity and Just Growth" by PERE's Manuel Pastor
- "How L.A.'s Community Organizers are Mobilizing a Transportation Equity Agenda for All" by PERE's Vanessa Carter and Madeline Wander
- "Youth Group Helps to Create a Model of L.A. Planning" by Sissy Trinh of the Southeast Asian Community Alliance
- "Pacoima Beautiful: Reorienting a Neighborhood That No Longer Suits Our Needs" by Max Podemski of Pacoima Beautiful
- Stay tuned for upcoming articles by guest writers from ELACC, LTSC, and others!