The GE office adds seats to specific GE courses, including GE Seminars, throughout the continuing student registration cycle, as well as during Welcome Trojans orientation sessions. Students planning to register for a GE course in Spring 2024 should consult the following information.
Seats will be added to all GESM sections for students attending orientation the week of December 4th. Unoccupied seats will be released to continuing students on Thursday, December 7th at 4:00 pm. In addition, the GE office will be adding numerous new GE Seminars to the Spring 2024 schedule. Seats in the newly added GESM sections will be available to continuing students and spring admits.
Seats will be added to all the GE courses listed below for students attending orientation the weeks of December 4th and 11th. Unoccupied seats will be released to continuing students on Thursday, December 14th at 4:00 pm. Students who need to register for a GE course that is not listed below should contact the department offering the course.
- AMST 101, 135, 150, 250, 301, 325
- ENGL 174, 230, 297, 299
- IR 101
- JS 100, 180, 211, 370
- LING 115
- PHIL 240, 265, 270
- POSC 110, 248
- SOCI 155, 210, 250
- SWMS 212, 219
Below is the list of General Education courses available as Maymesters in Spring 2024. Registration for these courses requires an application which is due on Saturday, November 25th. Detailed information about the course is available in the links provided.
- ASTR 100Lxg, The Universe — satisfies GE-E and Dornsife Core Literacy
- ENGL 352g, Bookpacking: New Orleans – satisfies GE-B and Dornsife Core Literacy
- FREN 307g, Public Memory and the Ghosts of History — satisfies GE-B and Dornsife Core Literacy
- SWMS 227gp, Death and Gender in Urban Contexts: New York – satisfies GE-B, GE-H and Dornsife Core Literacy