On Tuesday, April 26th, 2022 we held a hybrid (in-person and virtual) discussion on formulating future immigration policies and practices in California.
A panel of community leaders, policymakers, and academics convened to envision the short-term and long-term future policies needed to move California toward an immigrant-inclusive state. This panel was preceded by a presentation on ERI’s recent data analyses on California’s immigrant communities.
- Karthick Ramakrishnan California 100 Executive Director, Author of Citizenship Reimagined, and UC Riverside Professor of Public Policy
- Cynthia Buiza Executive Director, California Immigrant Policy Center
- Gina Da Silva Senior Policy Advisor for Immigration, Office of Governor Gavin Newsom
- Masih Fouladi Deputy Executive Director, Council on American-Islamic Relations
- Jesus Martinez Executive Director, Central Valley Immigrant Integration Collaborative
- Ramla Sahid Executive Director, Partnership for the Advancement of New Americans
Presentation on California’s immigrant communities by Turpanjian Post-Doc Fellow, Thai Le. Moderated by Manuel Pastor.
Tuesday, April 26, 2022
12:00 PM PST