Fall 2014 Internship: Graphic Design Intern
The USC Program for Environmental and Regional Equity (PERE) and the Center for the Study of Immigrant Integration (CSII) seeks a Graphic Design Intern for the 2014 fall semester.
This position will primarily support PERE and CSII by designing and creating a variety of digital and print graphics for documents, flyers, publications, websites, and social media. Special projects may also be assigned as needed.
This is a paid internship with a flexible time commitment varying between 10-20 hours a week, depending on the project.
PERE is a social justice research center housed at USC that conducts high-quality research in Environmental Justice, Social Movements, Regional Equity, and Rapid Response that is relevant to public policy concerns and that reaches directly affected communities. Please see our web site at http://dornsife.usc.edu/pere.
CSII is also a research center at USC that seeks to remake the narrative for understand immigrant integration in America. Our intent is to identify and evaluate the mutual benefits of immigrant integration for the native-born and immigrants. Please see our website at http://csii.usc.edu.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
Candidate must have:
- experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, and InDesign;
- proficiency with applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Access), internet, and email;
Candidate must be able to:
- interact and work successfully on a team with staff, faculty, students, and community members;
- demonstrate excellent attention to detail, organization, reliability, and punctuality;
- meet deadlines, multitask, prioritize projects, problem solve, and maintain a professional manner;
Preferred (but not required):
- knowledge and interest in environmental justice, immigrant integration, regional equity, and/or social movements;
- bilingual in Spanish and English;
- familiarity with web design and producing digital content such as infographics;
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to Communications Specialist, Gladys Malibiran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will contact qualified candidates for interviews immediately. If available, please also send a list of hyperlinks to design samples or an online portfolio (but please do not send these as large attachments.)
Thank you for your interest in the Program for Environmental and Regional Equity / Center for the Study of Immigrant Integration.