Dimension Icon is a high-end Atomic Force Microscopy. It is a strong tool to do Material Mapping, Electrical Characterization and Nano-manipulation with high resolution image and complete Nano-mechanics data. It has been widely used in the life science, material science and environment science. It can performs all major SPM imaging techniques including PeakForce Tapping, ScanAsyst, Tapping Mode (air), Contact Mode, Lateral Force Microscopy, Phase Imaging, Lift Mode, Force Spectroscopy, Force Volume, Surface Potential*, Torsional Resonance Mode*, Piezoresponse Microscopy*, MFM* and EFM*.(*REQUIRES mode-specific probes.)
Our ICON is almost equipped with all the optional modules and features including:
ICON-PFTUNA: Including PeakForce TUNA Application Module for Icon SPM, PeakForce TUNA Mode, TUNA Mode, TR TUNA Mode, CAFM Mode
(1) PeakForce TUNA Mode
- Measures ultra-low currents between probe tip and sample as probe is scanned over the sample.
- Operates in PeakForce Tapping mode with direct force control and minimal lateral forces. Thus avoids the artifacts stemming from probe and sample damage and retains highest spatial resolution. This enables use on soft, fragile, or loosely bound samples that are likely to be damaged by contact mode.
- Measures both, peak current and cycle averaged current.
- Includes Bruker’s proprietary ScanAsyst automated scan optimization.
- Includes Bruker’s proprietary PeakForce QNM for directly correlated nanomechanical information. PeakForce QNM allows quantitative mapping of nano-mechanical properties including elastic modulus, adhesion, deformation, and dissipation, while simultaneously imaging sample topography at high resolution.
- Includes 6 gain settings ranging from 100nA/V to 20pA/V. Achieves >10kHz bandwidth for peak current detection at highest amplifier gain setting, which at the same time provides sub-100fA noise level in the cycle averaged current under imaging conditions.
- A bias of mV to 10V can be applied
(2) TUNA Mode
- Measures ultra-low currents between the probe tip and a sample (typically covered with a thin dielectric film) as the probe is scanned over the sample
- Images variations in quality/integrity of thin dielectric films by measuring the tunneling current, including variations in film thickness, location of electrical defects, and other characteristics
- Current is measured using an ultra-low current amplifier with 3 gain settings ranging from 1nA/V to 20pA/V. Provides typical noise level below 100fA at highest gain under imaging bandwidth.
- A bias of mV to 10V can be applied
(3) TR TUNA Mode
- TR TUNA uses torsional resonance feedback. This reduces both vertical and lateral forces on samples, which enables TR TUNA to be used on soft samples otherwise likely to be damaged by contact mode (e.g. polymers) or on loosely bound samples likely to be disrupted by contact mode (e.g. nanowires).
- Current is measured using an ultra-low current amplifier 3 gain settings ranging from 1nA/V to 20pA/V. Provides typical noise level below 100fA at highest gain under imaging bandwidth.
(4) CAFM Mode
- Measures low-level currents between the probe tip and a sample as the probe is scanned over the sample
- Images variations in conductivity and quality/integrity of conductive samples by measuring the current. CAFM is used for measuring variations in film thickness, location of electrical defects, and other characteristics.
- Current is measured using a low current amplifier with 3 gain settings ranging from 100nA/V to 2nA/V.
- A bias of mV to 10V can be applied
ICON-PFQNM: Quantitative mapping of nano-mechanical properties including elastic modulus, adhesion, deformation, and dissipation while simultaneously imaging sample topography at high resolution.
- New imaging mode allows quantitative mapping of nano-mechanical properties including elastic modulus, adhesion, deformation, and dissipation while simultaneously imaging sample topography at high resolution
- Precisely controlled force allows sample indentation to be limited to a few nanometers to maintain both resolution and prevent sample damage
- Includes model PFQNM-SMPKIT-12M, a kit of Bruker certified samples that allow calibration and verification of modulus values over wide range from 1 MPa to 70 GPa
- Includes 10 probes each of Models SCANASYST-AIR, RTESPA-150, RTESPA-300 and RTESPA-525
- Provides comprehensive set of KPFM implementations: AM and FM KPFM detection. TappingMode and PeakForce Tapping topography feedback. And high-voltage PF KPFM-HV mode for extended range potential mapping.
- Signature PeakForce KPFM mode provides leading edge KPFM spatial resolution with FM detection, crosstalk free measurements, high repeatability, and correlated quantitative nanomechanical information with PeakForce QNM.
- Provides ScanAsyst ease of use guaranteeing optimized KPFM measurements
- Package includes standard sample, one 10-pack of SCM-PIT-V2 probes, and one 10-pack of PFQNE-AL probes
- Improves measurement performance over traditional KPFM techniques by providing the highest spatial resolution and most accurate measurements of surface potential.
- Advanced Ramp Scripting, Ramp & Hold and MIROView Software Package
- Includes control software, cantilever holder, and one-diamond-tipped cantilever (Model PDNISP) for nanoindenting and subsequent imaging with TappingMode
- Also includes one sapphire and one gold sample (Model ISGS)
ICON-RMPSCPT: Advanced Ramp Scripting, Ramp & Hold and MIROView Software Package for the Dimension Icon SPM
- Ramp Scripting delivers a powerful mechanical investigation toolset allowing the user to build, control and record complex nanomechanical measurements for use with experiments such as material nanomechanics, force spectroscopy, including creep relaxation and dynamic mechanical analysis
- Features user-definable scripts for custom point measurements with step-by-step ramp definition for ultimate experiment control, assembled in simple drag and drop process
- Offers seamless switching from segment-to-segment between open and closed loop operation, ramping and holding, Z-feedback and force feedback, as well as facile addition of TTL signals for per segment to synchronize with other external measurements
- Ramp & Hold with programmable frequency sweep; advanced functions for dynamic mechanical analysis either at single points or integrated into force volume maps
- Low force trigger capability and fast implementation, free of PC-latency, ensure accurate script execution with pN force control
- MIROView Image Registration & Overlay Software provides a powerful interface providing access to a comprehensive set of data cubes in one automated experiment using PeakForce QNM, FFVNM and point spectroscopy to access f, Q, A, k*/k, E', E'', loss tangent maps, single point spectroscopy and more
Bio Fluid & Gas Flow Cell
- Model SPC-190813-01, Fluid & Gas Flow Cell for Dimension Icon SPM
- Enables fluid flow and gas perfusion over sample
Includes perfusion ports; customer must provide connecting tubes and gas handling equipment.
- Includes PEEK flow cell ring with flow ports that form a closed flowing cell;
includes cell hardware and cover.
- Includes sample chuck with built-in heater and cell moat to contain overflow
- Includes Direct Drive EC holder for Tapping Mode and PFT EC Holder for PeakForce Tapping mode holders with splash guards
- Includes Heater Controller
Heating and Cooling Control
- Analysis on samples from –35°C to 250°C.