A full list of his publications can be found at his personal page. Select publications:
- Hauser, D.J., & Schwarz, N. (2023). Semantic prosody: How neutral words with collocationalpositivity/ negativity color evaluative judgment. Current Directions in Psychological Science. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/09637214221127978
- Zhang, L., Atari, M., Schwarz, N., Newman, E.J., & Afhami, R. (2022). Conceptual metaphors, processing fluency, and aesthetic preference. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 98. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jesp.2021.104247
- Lee, S. W. S., Schwarz, N. (2021). Grounded procedures: A proximate mechanism for the psychology of cleansing and other physical actions. Behavioral and Brain Sciences, 44. https://doi.org/10.1017/ S0140525X20000308
- Schwarz, N., *Jalbert, M.C., Noah, T., & *Zhang, L. (2021). Metacognitive experiences as information: Fluency in consumer judgment and decision making. Consumer Psychology Review, 4(1), 4-25. https://doi.org/10.1002/arcp.1067
- Bild, E., Redman, A. Newman, E.J., Muir, B., Tait, D., & Schwarz, N. (2021). Sound and credibility in the virtual court: Low audio quality leads to less favourable evaluations of witnesses and lower weighting of evidence. Law & Human Behavior, 45(5), 481-495. https://doi.org/10.1037/lhb0000466
A full list of her publications can be found at her personal page. Select publications:
- *O’Donnell, S. C., *Yan, V., Bi, C., & Oyserman, D. (2023). Is difficulty mostly about impossibility?: What difficulty implies may be culturally variant. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin.
- *Yan, V. X., Oyserman, D., *Kiper, G., *Atari, M. (2023). Difficulty-as-improvement: The courage to keep going in the face of life’s difficulties. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin.
- *O’Donnell, S. C., & Oyserman, D. (2022). Apt and actionable possible identities matter: The case of academic outcomes. Journal of Adolescence.
- Oyserman, D., & *Horowitz, E. (2022). Future self to current action: Integrated review and identity-based motivation synthesis. Advances in Motivation Science.
- *Lin, Y., Zhang. Y. C. & Oyserman, D. (2022). Seeing meaning even when none might exist: Collectivism increases belief in empty claims. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.
Professor Oyserman’s Pathways-to-Success handbook is now available for purchase. This book, designed with teachers in mind, discusses how motivation works, why education matters, and how to develop an identity-based motivation intervention. To learn more about the Pathways-to-Success intervention, click here.
Dr. Daphna Oyserman
Dr. Norbert Schwarz