Apply NOW: www.courts.ca.gov/justicecorps-la.htm
JusticeCorps is an innovative approach to solving one of the more pressing issues faced by courts around the country today:
providing equal access to justice. JusticeCorps recruits and trains university students annually to serve in California's overburdening legal self-help centers which specialize in family law, housing, landlord/tenant disputes, or small claims.
1. Learn about complex legal procedures to apply the law to real cases.
2. Earn an educational award ($1,374.60 -$10,000) with AmeriCorps.
3. Provide a much needed service in LA.
4. Develop networking opportunities with supervisors and colleagues.
5. Gain professional experience & transferable life skills by working with self-represented litigants.
6. Earn course credit.
Please email Susanna Andrayann: firstname.lastname@example.org and CCanseco@lacourt.org
Note that this program is not directly administered by JEP.