Progressive Degree students pursuing an MS in Applied Economics and Econometrics must successfully complete at least 32 graduate-level units in addition to all undergraduate requirements. Details about the graduate-level requirements are below.
Core Courses: 12.0 units
- ECON 500: Microeconomics Analysis and Policy (4.0 units)*
- ECON 501: Macroeconomic Analysis and Policy (4.0 units)*
- ECON 513: Practice of Econometrics (4.0 units)
*Must be passed with a "B" grade or higher – ECON 500 and ECON 501 – or student must retake the course
Additional Econometrics Course: 4.0 units
- ECON 570: Big Data Econometrics (4.0 units)
- ECON 584: Economic Consulting and Applied Econometrics (4.0 units)
ECON Tracks (minimum of 3 courses from one track) 16.0 units:
Economic Policy and Development
Big Data Economics
- All courses must be taken on campus – no online courses.