Welcome to USC Dornsife Classics
The Department of Classics invites students to share in the study of the language, literature, and culture of ancient Greece and Rome and the civilizations they helped to shape. We offer an undergraduate major and minor, including honors option, and M.A. and Ph.D. degrees. Because we are a small and collegial department, students have the opportunity to work closely with distinguished faculty and to develop individualized or collaborative research programs.
- Congratulations to Professor Daniel Richter, who has been promoted to the rank of Associate Professor. His book Cosmopolis: Imagining Community in Late Classical Athens and the Early Roman Empire is now available from Oxford University Press.
- Welcome to Professor Christelle Fischer-Bovet, who joined the USC Classics faculty in 2008. From 2008-2010, Professor Fischer-Bovet has been a fellow of the Swiss National Science Foundation at UC Berkeley conducting research on ethnicity in the Eastern Mediterranean from the 4th century BC to 1st century AD.
- Congratulations to Professor Susan Lape, who was named a Solmsen Fellow at the Institute for Research in the Humanities (University of Wisconsin at Madison) for 2010-2011. Professor Lape's book Race and Citizen Identity in the Classical Athenian Democracy was recently published by Cambridge University Press.
- Congratulations to Professor Claudia Moatti, whose book La République dans tous ses états : Pour une histoire intellectuelle de la république en Europe has been published by Librairie Payot.
- Congratulations to Professor Kevin van Bladel, who has been promoted to the rank of Associate Professor. His book The Arabic Hermes: From Pagan Sage to Prophet of Science has been published by Oxford University Press.
- Department of Classics
- University of Southern California
- THH 256
- Los Angeles, CA 90089-0352
- Phone: (213) 740 - 3676
- Email: email@example.com