The PSC does not offer after hours emergency services. WE ALSO DO NOT OFFER CRISIS SERVICES, AND DO NOT HAVE STAFF ON CALL TO MANAGE CRISIS SITUATIONS. WE ALSO ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE SAME-DAY SERVICES. If you have an emergency, please use one of the contacts listed below.
Contact Counseling Services: You can speak to an Advice Nurse for urgent situations at (213) 740-7711. For life threatening emergencies, dial (213) 740-4321 if you are on campus, or 911 if you are off campus.
In addition, anyone can call the crisis numbers listed below.
- Crisis Text Line: Text LA to 741741; For 24/7 live counseling support via text for any crisis such as anxiety, suicidal thoughts, depression, emotional abuse, and distress due to coronavirus.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: (800) 273-8255; Provides 24/7 support for individuals in suicidal crisis or emotional distress.
- Access line at LA County DMH: (800) 854-7771; 24/7 crisis hotline, screening, and referrals for mental health services in Los Angeles County.
- Trevor Project Lifeline: (800) 788-7386; Provides support to LGBTQ+ youth and allies in crisis or in need of a safe and judgment-free place to talk.
- Trans Lifeline: (877) 565-8860; Spanish Extension US (877) 565-8860; Spanish Extension CA (877) 330-6366; Peer support hotline run by trans-identified individuals for trans and questioning callers.
- California Youth Crisis Line: (800) 843-5200; 24/7 hotline for youth and families in crisis or in need of free or low-fee referrals for treatment.
- Substance Abuse Service Helpline: (844) 804-7500; 24/7 hotline for screening, resources, and treatment referrals regarding substance use and addiction.
- Sexual Assault Hotline: 800-656-4673; 24/7 hotline connects caller with a local sexual assault support provider and referrals for local services. Provides information for survivors of sexual assault regarding forensic exams, medical concerns, and legal questions.
- Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-7233; Provides 24/7 confidential support for individuals experiencing domestic violence, seeking resources or information, or questioning unhealthy relationships.
- 211 LA County: Dial 2-1-1 within Los Angeles County; For information and referrals to services providing support for mental health crises, COVID-19 resources and testing, food insecurity, and housing/tenant services.
- Los Angeles Homeless Outreach Portal (LA-HOP); For assistance to those experiencing homelessness by dispatching homeless outreach teams throughout LA County.
- L.A. Found: (833) 569-7651 or LAFound@wdacs.lacounty.gov; For assistance with locating individuals who wander due to dementia, Alzheimer’s, autism or other conditions.
- Disaster Distress Helpline: (800) 985-5990; For 24/7 support to people experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters.