Associate Professor of English
Phone: (213) 821-0477
Office: THH 431
- B.A. Print Journalism, University of Southern California, 5/1990
- M.F.A. Creative Writing, Indiana University, 5/2000
Description of Research
Interests: Professor Johnson's short story collection, Break Any Woman Down, was awarded the Flannery O'Connor Award for Short Fiction. Her interests include ethnic-American literature, gender and race studies, and issues of class.
- Johnson, D. (2012). Elsewhere, California. Counterpoint.
- Johnson, D. (2003). Break Any Woman Down. Anchor.
Honors and Awards
- Finalist, Hurston/Wright Foundation Award, 2002-2003
- Finalist, Patterson Fiction Prize, 2002-2003
- Special Mention, Pushcart Prize for short story "Melvin in the Sixth Grade", 2002-2003
- Flannery O'Connor Award for Short Fiction, 2000-2001
- Janalynn Bliss, Creative Writing Graduate Coordinator
- University of Southern California
- Department of English
- 3501 Trousdale Parkway, THH 431
- Los Angeles, CA 90089-0354
- Phone: (213) 821 - 0477
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org