Research & Practice Areas
Theory of Organizations;
Center, Institute & Lab Affiliations
- Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR), UK, London, Research Fellow (Industrial Organization and Public Policy Programmes)
- Theoretical REsearch in Neuroeconomic Decision making (TREND), Co-Director
- Ph.D. Economics, University of Toulouse, 6/1996
- M.A. Statistics, Harvard University, 6/1993
- B.A. Economics (focus on Quantitative Methods), University Complutense, Madrid, Spain, 6/1992
Tenure Track Appointments
- Associate Professor, Columbia Business School, 07/01/2001 – 06/30/2003
- Associate Professor, ECARES, Free University of Brussels, 07/01/2000 – 06/30/2001
- Assistant Professor, ECARES, Free University of Brussels, 07/01/1996 – 06/30/2000
Neuroeconomics, Behavioral Economics, Industrial Organization
- Carrillo, J. D., Brocas, I. (2004). The Psychology of Economic Decisions. Vol.2: Reasons and Choices. Oxford: The Psychology of Economic Decisions. Vol.2: Reasons and Choices (joint with I. Brocas)/Oxford University Press.
- Brocas, I., Carrillo, J. D. (2003). The Psychology of Economic Decisions. Vol.1: Rationality and Well-being. Oxford: The Psychology of Economic Decisions. Vol.1: Rationality and Well-being (joint with I. Brocas)/Oxford University Press.
- Brocas, I., Carrillo, J. D. (2008). The Brain as a Hierarchical Organization. American Economic Review.
- Carrillo, J. D., Castanheira, M. (2008). Information and Strategic Political Polarisation. Economic Journal.
- Carrillo, J. D., Palfrey, T. (2008). The Compromise Game: Two-Sided Adverse Selection in the Laboratory. American Economic Journal: Microeconomics.
- Brocas, I., Carrillo, J. D. (2007). Influence Through Ignorance. RAND Journal of Economics..
- Carrillo, J. D., Mariotti, T. (2000). Strategic Ignorance as a Self-Disciplining Device. Review of Economic Studies/Blackwell.
- Carrillo, J. D. (1998). Coordination and Externalities. Journal of Economic Theory / Elsevier.