Cory Elizabeth Nelson joined the faculty of USC’s writing program in 2014. As an undergraduate, she studied theater and English. Upon graduating, she worked in Boston’s nonprofit theater community for six years, before returning to graduate school. After earning her Ph.D. in English and American literature, Dr. Nelson spent a year as a postdoctoral teaching fellow at Tulane University. Her courses invite students to grapple with complex social issues by developing their observational and reading skills, finding significance in everyday artifacts and behaviors.
- Ph.D. English and American Literature, Brandeis University, 5/2013
- B.A. Theater, Marlboro College, 5/2000
- Postdoctoral Teaching Fellow, Tulane University, 2013-2014
- (Spring 2023) WRIT 699. Special Topics, T 09:00am – 12:00pm,
- (Spring 2023) WRIT 699. Special Topics, T 01:00pm – 04:00pm,