Development Economics, Program Evaluation and Public Policy.
Peer-Reviewed Publications and Reports:
- Gulemetova, M. & Meza-Cordero, J. (2023). “Re-Evaluating the Behavioral Change from Conditional Cash Transfers: Evidence from the “Avancemos” National Program in Costa Rica”. DOI: 10.1002/pop4.359. Poverty & Public Policy. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1002/pop4.359
- Meza-Cordero, J. (2022). “Conditional Cash Transfers Tools to Combat Child Labor: Evidence from a Randomized Controlled Trial in Costa Rica”. Review of Development Economics. DOI: 10.1111/rode.12949. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1111/rode.12949
- Meza-Cordero, J. (2022). “Digital Literacy and Long-Term Labor Outcomes: Impacts from the One Laptop per Child Program in Costa Rica”. Journal of Community Informatics, Volume 19, Issue 2, pages 27-47. DOI:10.15353/joci.v18i2.4828. Available from: https://openjournals.uwaterloo.ca/index.php/JoCI/article/view/4828
- Meza-Cordero, J. (2020). “About the Origins of Health in Adulthood: Evidence from Costa Rica.” Spotlight on Public Health Research. DOI: 10.35831/sor.pubh/070920jmc. Available from: https://www.spotlightonresearch.com/public-health-research/about-the-origins-of-health-in-adulthood-evidence-from-costa-rica
- Kracker-Selzer A., Michaelides, M., Li, J., Magill, K., Meza-Cordero, J., Mian, P. (2019). OCFT Livelihoods Services Evaluation. United States Department of Labor. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Policy, Chief Evaluation Office Reports. Available from: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OASP/evaluation/pdf/Livelihoods-Services-Evaluation.pdf
- Meza-Cordero, J. (2017). “Play to Learn and Learn to Play: Evaluation of the One Laptop per Child Program in Costa Rica.” Journal of International Development, Volume 29, Issue 1, pages 3-31. DOI: 10.1002/jid3267. Available from: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1002/jid.3267
- Meza-Cordero, J., Kugler, M., Gulemetova, M., Salas-Ocampo, D., Rodríguez-Barrantes, C., Campos-Barrantes, V. (2015). “Informe Final de Evaluación del Programa de Transferencia Monetaria Condicionada Avancemos.” United Nations Evaluation Group. Database of Evaluation Reports. Available from: https://www.air.org/sites/default/files/2022-08/Evaluation-of-Conditional-Cash-Transfer-Program-Avancemos-Final-Report-2015.pdf
- Zhang, Y., Lochocki, L., Meza-Cordero, J. (2015). “Final Evaluation Report of the Child Labor Eliminations Actions for Real Change (CLEAR) program Malawi.” ECLT Foundation. Available from: http://www.impaqint.com/sites/default/files/files/CLEAR_FinalEvaluationReport_IMPAQ_toECLT%5B1%5D.pdf
My current working papers aim to explore the impacts of conditional cash transfers on education and labor outcomes, the role of microfinance on livelihoods, and multi-country analysis to assess commonalities in child labor contexts.