Santa Catalina Island (Pimuu)
- Exploring Catalina Old Style – This is a stereo 3D, 360 video experience that takes you across Catalina Island, including a winding ride in the Wrigley family’s stagecoach (4 minutes).
- Eagles Nest Hunting Lodge: a 3D VR exploration through time. The original experience has 6DOF and fully interactive access to artifacts inside the lodge as a gallery of archaeological finds made around this oldest structure on Catalina Island Conservancy land.
Virtual Ancient Manuscript Exploration in Virtual Spaces
An NEH-supported virtual reality experience of a 15th-century illuminated manuscript allows users to engage with the content of the manuscript and also gain an appreciation for handling rare materials. In this project, we created a widely usable template for non-commercial purposes. Contact Lynn Dodd for details.
Videos recorded inside a Quest 2 Oculus headset:
- interactively read the book and turn its pages (Video posted April 10, 2022)
- magnifying glass function (video posted April 15, 2022)
- Using Virtual Reality to Explore 15th Century Illuminated Manuscripts (first public video from the project in mid-2020)
- Virtual reality takes users back to a 15th-century community of religious women (more about the project; article by Meredith McGroarty, November 2020)
- Virtual and augmented reality bring historical objects to life (Dornsife News)