An-Min Wu is Assistant Professor (Teaching) in the Spatial Sciences Institute at the University of Southern California. Dr. Wu teaches Geographic Information Science and Technology (GIST) courses, with focuses on spatial analytics, spatial databases and spatial statistics/spatial econometrics. Dr. Wu supervises both undergraduate (B.S. in GeoDesign) and graduate students (M.S. in GIST; Ph.D. in Population, Health and Place) in research on the issues of environmental pollution, their health outcomes and underlying injustice at various spatial and temporal scales. Wu also serves as a faculty advisor for the online Master of Public Health (MPH) degree program – GeoHealth track as well as a mentor at USC Environmental Health Center EH MATTERS internship program.
Dr. Wu’s main research interests are in the intersection of socioeconomic development and environmental sustainability. Her current research focus is in the environmental pollution particularly on the distributions of lead (Pb) contamination, its impact on community health, and its implication of environmental justice in the built environment.
Dr. Wu received her PhD in Land and Atmospheric Science with a minor in Geographic Information Science at the University of Minnesota in 2014.
- Ph.D. Land and Atmospheric Science (Soil Pedology track, GISci minor), University of Minnesota, 7/2014
- M.S. Soil Science, The Pennsylvania State University, 5/2004
- Other Degree (M.EPC) Environmental Pollution Control, The Pennsylvania State University, 5/2002
- B.S. Horticultural Science (Landscape Design track), National Taiwan University, 6/1998
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Minnesota, 07/2014-01/2016
- Joint Academic Senate/Provost Committee on Information Services, 2020-2021
- Committee member, AAG HDGC-HRD joint symposium “Social-ecological justice in hazards adaptation”, Virtual, 04/07/2021 – 04/10/2021
- Education and outreach committee chair, CalGIS 2020, Long Beach, CA, 02/09/2020 – 02/11/2020
- Education committee co-chair, CalGIS 2019 , Fresno, CA, 04/08/2019 – 04/10/2019
- Executive Committee member; Education Workgroup member, California GIS Council”, 2019-2022
- Chair, California Geographic Information Association”, 2019-2020
- Vice Chair , California Geographic Information Association”, 2018-2019