Alisa Sánchez is an Assistant Professor (Teaching) in the Writing Program at the University of Southern California. She received her Ph.D. from UC Berkeley in Rhetoric with an emphasis in Gender and Women’s Studies. Dr. Sánchez’ writing courses focus on interdisciplinary explorations of the law and vital social issues.
Dr. Sánchez also serves as the Writing Instructor for the USC Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship program, mentoring MMUF fellows in all aspects of writing as they conduct independent research projects and prepare graduate school applications. Committed to integrating writing mentorship in academic pipeline programs, Dr. Sánchez has also served as the Writing Instructor for the USC Gateway Scholars Summer Research Institute and as a Statement of Purpose Adviser for the Institute for Recruitment of Teachers based at Phillips Academy Andover.
- B.A. Philosophy, Language Certificates in Spanish and ancient Greek, Carleton College
- M.A. Rhetoric, University of California, Berkeley
- Ph.D. Rhetoric, University of California, Berkeley
- Ford Foundation Fellow, 2007
- Fulbright Award, , 2006-2007
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion Caucus of the Dornsife Faculty Council, 2018-2019