Research Coordinator at Intelligent Entertainment, Hybrid

Cheska Pangilinan, Spring 2023

Hello, everyone! My name is Cheska Pangilinan, and I’m a junior majoring in Environmental Studies with an Environmental Policy concentration and pre-law emphasis. This semester, I’ve had the incredible experience of interning at Intelligent Entertainment, a Los Angeles-based start-up production company that specializes in creating entertaining and engaging content, while also “educating” the audience in some way. As the Research Coordinator, I worked with the owner and creative producer, researching how end-of-life refrigerants are one of the worst greenhouse gases and have a much higher impact than CO2 emissions on global warming. The research is for a documentary film and a new website that will provide information regarding

residential, commercial, and HVAC/R industry refrigerant services. At the beginning of my internship, I called different California city sanitation departments to inquire how they dispose of their refrigerants, residential refrigerators, and/or air conditioners. This later shifted to other research projects where I investigated New Orleans film guidelines, website competitive analysis and UX design, PFAS, heat pumps, Coachella, and Tulane and USC film students for future editor interns. Along with my research, I’ve also connected with Meredith Alexander, a previous environmental attorney, to ask her questions about her law school experience and working in the sustainability field. Because of this, I now have a summer internship with her environmental consulting firm, Hua Nani Partners, in Sacramento, California. In all, I’ve had so much fun and can’t wait to see the documentary and website come together in the future.

Picture: My badly photoshopped face on a commercial HVAC unit to match the lighthearted and humorous tone of the internship and upcoming documentary