The USC Dornsife Ph.D. Hooding Ceremony will take place at 11:00 A.M. on Wednesday, May 8, 2024, on the Allyson Felix Field (formerly Cromwell Field).
- Ph.D. candidates are required to register for the Ph.D. Hooding Ceremony. Ph.D. candidates who defended in 2024 or who will defend in May or August 2024 are eligible to participate. Participation in the ceremony is subject to the dissertation chair’s approval.
- Ph.D. candidates are required to wear academic regalia (cap and gown) and must bring their hood. Please visit the USC Bookstore for graduation regalia and more.
- On Wednesday, May 8, 2024 at 10:00 A.M. Ph.D. candidates should check-in at the Allyson Felix Field. The entrance is located on Childs Way, in front of Grace Ford Salvatori Hall (GFS), located at the back of the tent.
- Once candidates have checked-in and have received their graduate card, they will line up by department.
- Candidates will be instructed to line up and then ushered to the top of the tent for the processional portion of the ceremony.
- Once all candidates are seated, the ceremony will begin. A representative of the Dean’s office will preside over the ceremony. Each graduate will proceed to the stage, have their name announced and be hooded.
- After candidates are hooded, they must return to their seats until the conclusion of the ceremony.
- A reception, hosted by USC Dornsife, will immediately follow the ceremony on the Allyson Felix Field.
- Professional pictures will be taken by Grad Images during the ceremony. Please visit their website after the ceremony to view graduate photos. For questions, please contact their Customer Service line at 1-800-261-2576.
- All Ph.D. candidates are welcome to participate in the main ceremony held on Friday, May 10, 2024 starting at 8:30 A.M. in Alumni Park. The Ph.D. candidate column will be led by Graduate Student Marshals, Flag Bearers and the Vice Provost for Graduate Programs. For more information on the main ceremony here.