The Gateway Internship Program provides students with the opportunity to explore a career through an internship experience, gain insight from a mentorship with a distinguished professional and strengthen your career preparation skills through participation in a seminar series.
The Gateway Internship Program will:
- Deliver a robust paid internship experience providing opportunities to interact with different levels of management
- Enhance internship experiences with a required series providing expert guest speakers from various industries, collaboration with fellow students and personal reflection
- Provide individualized support through mentor matching with a distinguished business professional
There are two ways to participate in Gateway:
1.Paid Gateway Employer
The Gateway program will facilitate a paid internship through one of our participating partner employers. Pending Application Deadline: January 26, 2024.
2. Pay it Forward Stipend for Unpaid Internships
Student secures an unpaid internship. Apply for a Pay it Forward stipend starting at $2,000 dollars. Internships must be with a non-profit 501 (C) or government agency. Limited to domestic internships. Pending Application Deadline: April 8, 2024.
Eligible students are invited to apply via E-mail at their USC e-mail address beginning in January of the spring semester.
- Jan. 2-Jan. 25 | Students invited to apply
- Jan. 26 | Gateway Partner Employer Application deadline
- Feb. 1-7 | Students are notified of first-round interviews
- Feb. 13-16 | Round 1 campus interviews
- Mar. 1-Mar. 31 | Employer second-round interviews
- Mar. 12-Apr. 8 | Eligible students are invited to apply to Pay it Forward
- April 1-7 | Gateway partner Employers notify students of final decisions
- April 8 | Pay it Forward Application deadline for Non-Profit and Government agencies
- April 22 | Pay it Forward finalists selected
- Mid-May | Orientation session
- May 21 | Welcome event | Program begins
- June 4 – July 16 | Program events & seminars
- July 23 | Program concludes
Sample Gateway Internship Program Seminars
The Gateway Leadership Seminars integrate the internship experience by providing a forum for interns to engage with peers, Dornsife leadership, faculty, alumni, and industry professionals. Each seminar session is designed to explore and advance individual leadership and career preparation through facilitated discussion and specific action items conducive to career development. Click below to review seminars.