- Ph.D. English Literature, University of Southern California, 8/2022
- MA , Georgetown University, 5/2015
- BA , University of Arizona, 5/2012
Summary Statement of Research Interests
Steven’s research focuses on the early modern period with a broad interest in Poetics. He has published on Milton’s use of allusion in Milton Studies.
Noetics, Cognition, “Thinking Moments,” Allusion, Fragment, Figura, Pastoral (Bucolic), Cognitive Criticism, The Sublime, Virtue Ethics
- Minas, S. A. (2019). “‘The heat of Milton’s mind’: Allusion as a Mode of Thinking in Paradise Lost”. Milton Studies. Vol. 61 (2), pp. 186-211.
Other Service to the University
- Assistant Editor, The Eighteenth Century: Theory and Interpretation.,