Professor (Teaching) of English
- M.A. Poetry, Johns Hopkins University, 1/1987
- M.F.A. English/Creative Writing, University of Virginia, 5/1986
- “Wastelands and Apocalypses in Contemporary Poetry” , UC Riverside Low Residency ProgramTalk/Oral Presentation, Invited, UC Riverside Palm Desert Campus, Fall 2016
- “New Ways to Stop Making Sense” , Low Residency MFA ProgramTalk/Oral Presentation, Invited, UC Riverside, Palm Desert Campus, Spring 2014
- Collaborative Poetry , Associated Writing Programs ConferenceRoundtable/Panel, Associated Writing Programs, Invited, Denver, CO, Spring 2010
- “Chants, Charms and Childhood Vernacular” , Panel on Poetry and the VernacularTalk/Oral Presentation, Associated Writing Programs, Invited, Atlanta, Georgia, Spring 2007
- from book Watchful, Poetry Reading , Los Angeles, 2016-2017
- Omnidawn Authors reading, Reading at Poet’s House NYC, NYC, 2016-2017
- Poetry reading, Poetry Reading and Discussion, Berlin, Germany, 2012-2013
- Poetry Reading, Poetry Reading, NYC, NY, 2012-2013
- Poetry Reading, Poetry Reading, New York City, 2010-2011
- Reading from poetry collection, Poetry Reading, Raleigh, NC, 2010-2011
- poetry reading, poetry reading, Denver, CO, 2009-2010
- Bendall, M. A. (2016). Watchful. Omnidawn.
- Bendall, M. A., Wronsky, G. F. (2009). Bling & Fringe.
- Bendall, M. A. (2009). Under the Quick. West Lafayette, Indiana: Parlor Press.
- Bendall, M. A. (2008). Under the Quick. Free Verse Editions/Parlor Press.
- Bendall, M. A. (2002). Ariadne’s Island.
- Bendall, M. A. (1999). Dark Summer, poetry. Miami Universtiy Press.
- Bendall, M. A. (1992). After Estrangement, Poetry. Peregrine Smith Books.
- Bendall, M. A. (2016). “Utter Wilderness: The Poetry of Christine Hume”. American Poets in the 21st Century: Wesleyan: Wesleyan University Press.
- Bendall, M. A. (2016). review of Sara Deniz Akant’s Babette (a collection of poems). Lana Turner Journal.
- Bendall, M. A. (2013). Reviews of The Vital System by C.M. Burroughs and In the Laurels, Caught by Lee Ann Brown. Lana Turner: Journal of Poetry and Opinion.
- Bendall, M. A. (2013). Review of Traffic with Macbeth, poetry by Larissa Szporluk. Free Verse Journal.
- Bendall, M. A. (2007). Review of Elaine Equi’s Ripple Effect for Pool magazine. Pool.
- Bendall, M. A. (2012). “A Keen Sense” for Colorado Review.
- Bendall, M. A. (2011). “Animal Splendor” and “Brave the Path” for Fairy Tale Review.
- Bendall, M. A. (2011). “Animal Belatedness” in New American Writing.
- Bendall, M. A. (2011). “What’s Between Us” and “Animal Synchrony” for Drunken Boat.
- Bendall, M. A. (2009). Poems in American Hybrid, The Norton Anthology of the New Poem. Norton.
- Bendall, M. A. (2008). “Neighborhood Watch,” “Forest Comrade,” in Pool literary journal. Pool.
- Bendall, M. A. (2008). “If On a Boat,” “B-line to the Next Yard,” “Fugitive Lullaby” for Western Humanities Review. Western Humanities Review.
- Bendall, M. A. (2007). “To Pay the Debt” “Blurry Evidence” for Tin House. Tin House.
- Bendall, M. A. (2007). “A Home Never Tried,” “What Might Be a Gift” in Colorado Review. Colorado Review.
- Bendall, M. A. (2007). Poems forthcoming in American Hybrid: A Norton Anthology. Norton.
- Gertrude Stein Award for Innovative Poetry from Green Integer Press, 2006-2007
- Fine Press Book, INCANTATION, with prints by John O’Brien and poems by Molly Bendall was chosen to be displayed in Doheny Library’s special show, “The Artists’ Book”, Spring 2007
10 days : 20, Advised students on graduate programs and
helped prepare manuscripts for submission
Other Service to the University
- Hosted a reading with alumna Emmy Perez who gave a poetry reading and talked to students about career paths. ,
- Organized three lunch meetings for students to hear speakers talk about their careers in arts administration, Library science, and public relations.,
- Hosted a reading by an alumni of USC (Susannah Nevison) who recently published a book of poetry. The reader also talked to students about career paths.,
- Served as a judge for the Wonderland Awards organized by Doheny Library.,
- Organized two creative writing lunch meetings and invited editors to speak. Also hosted a student poetry reading., 2013-2014
- Served as judge for the Beau Boudreaux undergraduate poetry award., Spring Spri
- Organized five Creative Writing Lunch Meetings for undergraduates to meet,
talk about issues related to the major, and hear speakers., 2009-2010
Editorships and Editorial Boards
- member of the Art collective, help with editing and promoting of books, Series of Books for What Books from the Glass Table Art Collective”, 2009-2010
- Member of Associated Writing Programs, 2003 – 2008
- Academy of American Poets, 2006-2007
Media, Alumni, and Community Relations
- Poetry Reading at St. Mark’s NYC, Spring Spri
- Poetry reading at Otis School of Art and Design,