Center, Institute & Lab Affiliations
- Royal Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland, Fellow
Gary Seaman born in Sulfur River Bottom, in rural Red River County Texas, at the time of the critical battle of Guadalcanal, Solomon Islands.
- Ph.D. Anthropology, Cornell University, 1/1974
- B.A. Germanic Languages, Economics, Linguistics, Asian Studies Center Certificate, University of Texas, Austin, 6/1965
Taiwan, China, Ethnographic Film, Ethnography, Hypermedia in Ethnography, Ritual
- Seaman, Gary (Ed.). (2007). The Tiv: A Study Guide by Paul Bohannan.
- Seaman, G. (2007). Chamanisme en Asie centrale et en Amérique. Paris: Editions Du Rocher..
- Seaman, G. (1995). The Literati Tradition in Chinese Religion. (Seaman, Gary, Ed.).
- Seaman, G. (1994). Chinese Mulian Plays: Resources for Studies of Ritual and Performance.
- Seaman, G. (1993). Chinese Religions: An annotated bibliography.
- Seaman, G. (1996). The Fengshen Yanyi Enfeoffment of the Gods:Introduction and translation of Chapters 12-14. Honolulu:University of Hawaii Press..
- Seaman, G.1997. Yanomamo Interactive: The Ax Fight. Coauthored by Peter Biella and Napoleon Chagnon. Published by Harcourt, Brace, Ft. Worth. Computer interactive analysis, contextualization and nonlinear presentation of a well-known ethnographic film.
- Seaman, G.1997. The Chinese Religious Traditions Collated
- Seaman, G.1996. The Buddhist Tradition in Chinese Religion.
- cd-rom, Ethnographic Works on the Tiv of Nigeria ,
- video, The Secret of the Stone: Segmentary Lineage Organization in a North China Village , 2006-2007
- dvd, Song Family Village Takes a Bride: Wedding Customs in a North China Village. , 2007-2010
- Video, The Heavenly Court in Song Family Village: Gender, Hierarchy and Religious Power in a North China Village , 2007-2008
- video, Marriage, Maoism and Modernity: Marriage Exchange in a North China Village , 2008-2011
- 1 : 10am-12pm Mondays, Or by appointment.
- Chair, 08/16/2012-08/15/2015
- Jane Goodall Research Center/Archives, 1992-CONT
- Center for Visual Anthropology, 1981-CONT
- “Jane Goodall Research Center/Archives”, 1992-CONT
- “Center for Visual Anthropology”, 1981-CONT