Center, Institute & Lab Affiliations
- Department of Psychology, University of Jyvaskyla, Finland, Research Collaboration
- Ph.D. Experimental Psychology, Ohio State University, 1979
- M.A. Experimental Psychology, Ohio State University, 1976
- B.S. Psychology, Santa Clara University, 1975
- Postdoctorate (Neuropharmacology w/Barchas), Stanford University, 1982-1983
- Postdoctorate (Neurophysiology w/Thompson), Stanford University, 1980-1987
Summary Statement of Research Interests
Professor Lavond’s research and teaching interests are primarily in the behavioral neurosciences of learning and memory, especially in behavioral neuroanatomy, physiology and pharmacology of normal and recovery of function after brain injury. His research work involved animal models of recovery of function and in localization of learning and memory. Currently, his primary interests are in normal and animal learning in his teaching and he not actively doing research.
- Mojtahedian, S., Kogan, D. R., Kanzawa, S. A., Thompson, R. F., Lavond, D. G. (2007). Dissociation of conditioned eye and limb responses in the cerebellar interpositus. Physiology and Behavior. Vol. 91, pp. 9-14.
- Wikgren, J., Lavond, D. G., Ruusuvirta, T., Korhonen, T. (2006). Cooling of the cerebellar interpositus nucleus abolishes somatosensory cortical learning-related activity in eyeblink conditioned rabbits. Behavioural Brain Research. Vol. NA (170), pp. 94-98.
- Christian, K. M., Poulous, A. M., Lavond, D. G., Thompson, R. F. (2004). Comment on. Science. Vol. 304, pp. 211.
- Case, G. R., Lavond, D. G., Thompson, R. F. (2001). Cortical spreading depression and involvement of the motor cortex, auditory cortex, and cerebellum in eyeblink classical conditioning of the rabbit. Neurobiology of Learning and Memory. Vol. vol. 78, pp. pp. 234-245.
- web interview, February 12, 2016 Interviewed by Dr. Carlos Vazquez for “Therapycable Live” ! talk show about learning and memory,
- John W. Streff Vision Achievement Award from the Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Association, International (NORA), 2003
- National Academy of Sciences Troland Research Award, 1994
- Docent in Behavioral Neuroscience, University of Jyvaskyla, Finland, 2005 –
- Society for Neuroscience, 1981 –