Research & Practice Areas
New Testament, Early Christianity, Pauline Studies, Historical Jesus, Greek and Roman Archaeology, Theory and Method in the Study of Religion, Continental Philosophy
Center, Institute & Lab Affiliations
- Corinth Excavations, American School of Classical Studies at Athens, Trench Supervisor
- Ostia Synagogue Area Excavations (OSMAP), University of Texas at Austin, Trench Supervisor
- Ph.D. New Testament and Early Christianity, Harvard University, 2010
- M.Div. , Harvard Divinity School, 2004
- B.A. Study of Religion / Ancient Greek, UCLA, 2001
- Post Doctoral Fellow in Early Christianity, Macquarie University, 2010-20112010-2011
Visiting and Temporary Appointments
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Duke University, 09/01/2011-05/31/2014
- Concannon, Cavan and Lindsey Mazurek (Ed.). (2016). Across the Corrupting Sea: Post-Braudelian Approaches to the Ancient Mediterranean (Forthcoming). Ashgate.
- Concannon, C.Letters from Corinth: Trade, Travel, and Diplomacy in the Correspondence of Dionysios of Corinth (In Progress).
- Concannon, C. (2014). ‘When You Were Gentiles’: Specters of Ethnicity in Roman Corinth and Paul’s Corinthian Correspondence. New Haven: Yale University Press.
- Concannon, C. (2016). The Acts of Timothy. More New Testament Apocrypha Grand Rapids, Mich.: Eerdmans.
- Concannon, C. (2016). Negotiating Multiple Modes of Religion and Identity in Roman Corinth. Polis and Ekklesia (Vol. 2) Atlanta, GA: Society of Biblical Literature Press.
- Concannon, C. (2016). “Introduction: A New Connectivity for the 21st Century” and “Early Christian Connectivity and Ecclesial Assemblages in Ignatius of Antioch.”. Across the Corrupting Sea Ashgate.
- Concannon, C. (2016). Economic Aspects of Inter-City Travel in Pauline Assemblies. Paul and Economics Fortress Press.
- Concannon, C. (2014). Sibling Rivalries: On the Reception of 1 Clement in Corinth. One in Christ pp. 273-87. Eugene, OR: Wipf and Stock.
- Concannon, C. (2013). The Archaeology of the Pauline Mission. All Things to All Cultures pp. 57-83. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Eerdmans.
- Concannon, C. (2013). “Corinth” in The Oxford Encyclopedia of the Bible and Archaeology. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Concannon, C. (2015). In the Great City of the Ephesians: Contestations over Apostolic Memory and Ecclesial Power in the Acts of Timothy. Journal of Early Christian Studies.
- Concannon, C. (2014). ‘Not for an olive wreath, but our lives’: Gladiators, Athletes, and Early Christian Bodies. Journal of Biblical Literature. Vol. 133.1, pp. 193-214.
- Concannon, C. (2013). Ethnicity, Economics, and Diplomacy in Dionysios of Corinth. Harvard Theological Review. Vol. 106.2, pp. 145-69.
- Concannon, C. (2010). A Delayed Money Transfer in P.Vindob. G 31907. Bulletin of the American Society of Papyrologists. Vol. 47, pp. 75-85.
- Contributions to Bible Odyssey, Entries on “Paul: Authorship” and “Military Veterans at Philippi”, 2014-2015
- ACLS New Faculty Fellowship, 2011-2013
- Whiting Dissertation Completion Fellowship, Harvard University, 2009-2010
- Jacob Hirsch Fellowship, 2008-2009
- Charles Eliot Norton Fellowship in Greek, Harvard University Classics Dept., 2008-2009
- “School of Religion Undergraduate Studies Committee”, 2013-CONT