- B.A. History, Dartmouth College
- M.A. History, Stanford University
- Ph.D. History, Stanford University
Summary Statement of Research Interests
Alicia Chávez researches the history of Latinx workers in Los Angeles, the postwar economy and labor relations, and the interplay between unions and social movements. Her work has focused on the history of activists and organizers in the United Auto Workers and the United Farm Workers, as well as new configurations of service-sector and contingent employment.
- (Spring 2023) AMST 135. Peoples and Cultures of the Americas, TTh 11:00am – 12:20pm, SGM101
- (Spring 2023) AMST 200. Introduction to American Studies and Ethnicity, TTh 12:30pm – 01:50pm, SOSB44