USC Dornsife Communication Wins Three CASE Awards
The USC Dornsife Office of Communication, led by executive director Emily Cavalcanti, won three regional 2012 Awards of Excellence from the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE).
The office’s writing staff, including Cavalcanti, staff writer Ambrosia Brody, senior editor Pamela Johnson, web editor Laurie Moore and media specialist Michelle Salzman, earned a bronze for Excellence in General News Writing for five stories that appeared in USC Dornsife’s alumni magazine and on the Web site. The stories recognized are:
- The Dalai Lama Inspires USC Dornsife Students
- JEP Nurtures 'Green Ambassadors'
- Stories Set in Stone
- Land of the Rising Sun in the City of Angels
- America's Money Advocate
Senior video producer Mira Zimet garnered a silver in video recruitment features for "Not Following the Herd" and a bronze in video fundraising features for "Torchbearer 2011." Zimet also received a bronze 2012 Telly Award (their second highest honor) for "USC Trojans Love L.A."
USC Dornsife competed in CASE’s District VII, which includes institutions in Arizona, California, Guam, Hawaii, Nevada and Utah.
Since 2009, the USC Dornsife Office of Communication has earned a total of 10 CASE Awards of Excellence.
Related News Items
- Chilton Wins Marine Award September 10, 2014
- Thompson and Christe Lauded by ACS September 4, 2014
- World’s Most Influential Scientists July 17, 2014
- Sanchez’s Vision for Diversity July 10, 2014
- Capturing CASE Gold June 4, 2014
- The Brain Is a ‘Prediction Machine’ April 30, 2014
- Academic Honors Convocation April 29, 2014
- Bottjer Earns Top Paleontology Award April 15, 2014
- Color Him Smart April 1, 2014
- Tales from Two Cities March 6, 2014
- Haselwandter, Dickman Earn Sloan Fellowships February 20, 2014
- Gioia Honored for His Poetry February 4, 2014
- USC Dornsife Dean Receives Honorary Degree January 30, 2014
- A Presidential Honoree January 28, 2014
- Pacific Rim Professor January 22, 2014
- Lyon Earns Provost’s Mentoring Award January 21, 2014
- Engaging Professor January 8, 2014
- Improving the Human Experience January 7, 2014
- Damasio Wins Grawemeyer Award December 4, 2013
- Honors from Their Other Homes October 23, 2013