MP.5 - Superconductivity
This superconductivity demonstration kit includes:
- A superconductor with an attached 4-point probe and thermocouple.
- An 1" black ceramic disk superconductor.
- A very powerful, cubical neodymium rare-earth alloy magnet.
- A cylindrical samarium rare-earth alloy magnet for use with the thermocouple device.
The Meissner effect can be demonstrated with the video camera. The camera is placed near a small dish containing the superconductor disk and the magnet.
Other experiments that can be performed as well with this kit include:
- Determining the critical temperature, Tc.
- Measuring resistance change with temperature using the 4-point electrical probe
Click here to see a video of this demonstration.