Phone: (213) 740-2808
Office: THH 420
- M.F.A English (Creative Writing), University of California, Irvine
- B.A. English, University of Pennsylvania
- Graduate Certificate Gender Studies, University of Southern California
- Ph.D. English, University of Southern California
- Solomon, J. (2007). Review of Jaime Hovey’s A Thousand Words: Portraiture, Style, and Queer Modernism. Women's Studies: An Interdisciplinary Journal. pp. 455-457.
- Solomon, J. (2012). J’accuse: The Heath Anthology Erases Gay Writers. The Gay and Lesbian Review.
- Solomon, J. (2010). How Whitman Seduced Us with a Photograph. pp. 4. The Gay and Lesbian Review.
- Solomon, J. (2013). Gertrude Stein, Opium Queen: Notes on a Mistaken Embrace. Journal of Lesbian Studies. Vol. 17 (1), pp. 7-24.
- Solomon, J. (2009). Capote, Forster, and the Trillings: Homophobia and Literary Culture at Mid-Century. Twentieth-Century Literature. Vol. 54 (3)
- Solomon, J. (2005). Young, Effeminate, and Strange: Early Photographic Portraits of Truman Capote. Studies in Gender and Sexuality. Vol. 6 (3), pp. 293-326.
- Bills, G., Foreman, V., Latiolais, M., Sheffield, E., Solomon (editor), J. (2005). Monster and Critic, Teacher and Writer: A Roundtable Discussion. Santa Monica Review. Vol. 17 (2), pp. 148-177.
- Solomon, J. (2009). Best Friend. pp. 15-23. Best Gay Stories 2009, Lethe Press.
- Solomon, J. (2008). The Third Breast of Hilda Von Why. pp. 27-34. SPECS.
- Solomon, J. (2007). A Boy Abroad. pp. 57-67. Harrington Gay Men’s Literary Quarterly.
- Andrew J. Kappel Prize (for best article submitted to the journal Twentieth-Century Literature in 2008), 2009
- Pushcart Prize nomination (by the journal SPECS, for the short story The Third Breast of Hilda von Why), 2009
- Final Summer Fellowship, 2008
- James Prize for Best Essay by a Graduate Student, USC English Department , 2006
- First Prize, Edward W. Moses Creative Writing Competition, USC, 2005
- USC-Bogazici University Summer Institute Fellow, Istanbul , 2005
- Christopher Isherwood Foundation Fellow, Huntington Library, 2004
- USC English Department Dissertation Fellowship, 2004
- USC Gender Studies Program Travel Grant, 2004
- Provost's Summer Research Award, USC, 2001-2004
- Certificate of Recognition for Service, Graduate and Professional Student Senate, USC , 2002
- USC Lambda Alumni Research Award, 2002
- Provost's Fellowship, USC, 2000-2002
- First Prize, Edward W. Moses Creative Writing Competition, USC, 2001
- Getty Research Institute Fellow, 2001
Honors and Awards
- USC Dornsife Department of English
- 3501 Trousdale Parkway
- Taper Hall of Humanities 404
- University Park
- Los Angeles, CA 90089-0354
- Fax: (213) 741-0377
- Phone: (213) 740 - 2808
- Email: email@example.com