- Ph.D. Near Eastern Languages and Cultures, UCLA, 2022
- B.A. Arabic, Michigan State University, 2016
Research, Teaching, Practice, and Clinical Appointments
- Lecturer of Arabic, University of Southern California, 2022-
Summary Statement of Research Interests
Brady researches modern Arabic literature. He is especially interested in literature’s critical intersections with history, politics, and gender. He has an ongoing research project on the trajectories of the historical novel in Arabic, especially in North Africa.
- Ryan, B. P. (2021). Khurayyif, al-Bashīr. Leiden: Encyclopedia of Islam, THREE, Brill.
- Arab Cityscapes in Literature and Film, GESM, 2022-2023