We are excited to announce “Abroad” the First Photography Contest organized by The Center for Languages and Cultures and the Office of Overseas Studies. This contest is an excellent opportunity to showcase student’s unique experiences and cultural immersion while studying abroad.
Who can participate?
Any student who has been in one of the following 2022- 2023 Programs:
|Israel- Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Jordan – Amman with AMIDEAST and CIEE
Morocco- AMIDEAST Rabat
China- CIEE Beijing
China- CIEE Shanghai
Japan- Nanzan University
Japan- Sophia University
Japan- Tokyo International University
Japan- Waseda University
Kazakhstan- American Councils Russian Language and Area Studies
ITAL220 – Italy
ITAL224 – Italy
South Korea- Yonsei University
Taiwan- CET Taipei
France- Sciences Po
France- USC Paris
FREN307g Paris, France
FREN220 La Martinique, Caribbean
FREN-Summer umbrella program in Dijon
|Germany- IES Berlin
Italy- IES Milan
Italy- Syracuse University in Florence
Italy- Intercollegiate Center for Classical Studies
SPAN499- Buenos Aires, Argentina
SPAN 499-Costa Rica
Spain- Universidad de Deusto Bilbao
Spain- Boston University Madrid
Spain- USC Madrid
Argentina- Universidad de San Andrés
Brazil- CET in Sao Paulo
Chile- CET Santiago
Ecuador- IES Galapagos Islands
Ecuador- IES Quito
México- Universidad Iberoamericana
Mexico- SIT Mexico
Here are some key details about the contest:
- Submission Deadline: Friday, September 29th
- Submission Guidelines: See below
- Submission Form: https://forms.gle/hiieVqyQetD1uQtU7
We believe that students’ diverse perspectives and experiences can make this contest truly special. I would like to encourage all students to participate and capture the moments that have made their language abroad journey unforgettable.
If you have any questions or need further information, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing the incredible photos that students will contribute to this contest.
CLC Outreach Committee
- Fages Agudo, Jamie Fudacz, Jennifer Misran and Steven Gonzalez
Submit your Photo
What to do?
1. Go to the following link and complete the form.
2. Attach a photograph from your trip in JPG format, no larger than 5MB.
(when you submit your pictures select share with everyone who has the link)
3. You can submit entries in different categories, but only one photo per category. Fill out a separate form for each submission.
4. Sign the Photo release (pictures will be used only by CLC or other organizations related to USC).
What are the different photo categories?
- Cityscapes, buildings, art, nature, animals
- Friends, families, children, creative selfies
- Everyday scenes
- Food and drinks, feasts and festivities, music, politics, sports
When should I send my photos?
Submit photos by Friday, September 29th
The winners will be announced on Friday, October 25th
The CLC will award the winners with a $50 Amazon gift card and a certificate.
Certificates and a token of appreciation will also be given to the second and third place awardees.