Our outreach is free to local urban schools and
our database of classroom materials is open to the worldwide web
Teach locallly, Reach globally
Please support our commitment to make our services & resources freely accessible to students & teachers.
With an outreach model that is run by students for students, CALIS is a cost-effective program.
- What we have... AN AWARD-WINNING PROGRAM
- a validated approach - intellectually and pedagogically - for engaging America's youth in complex analysis of the lessons of history and in responding to contemporary issues
- a growing database - open to the worldwide web - with an extensive foundation of materials to test, build, and hone our strategies and sharpen our vision
- What we do...AN INTERACTIVE COLLABORATION
- outreach programs that engage USC students in local high schools, partnered with teachers - and that bring local students to campus to work with USC student mentors
- seminars for professors and teachers to dialog in the ongoing hands-on process of creating new frameworks and clear, substantive materials
- What we want…AN INNOVATIVE ALTERNATIVE
- to support leadership of our faculty, students, and partner teachers in the creation of an alternative approach to teaching and learning in high school social sciences
- to create a new paradigm supported by teaching resources and an ongoing professional dialog needed to realize the vision of vibrant social science classrooms
The mission is vital; the potential is dazzling.
Your support is greatly needed and deeply appreciated!
To contribute a testimonial that we can use as we seek new partners and sponsors, please contact CALIS with your comments.
Again, thank you!