WRIT 095 is a one-unit course, graded on a credit/no-credit basis and administered by the Writing Center. WRIT 095 is open only to students required by the Writing Program to enroll. It cannot be taken as an elective. Enrollment is limited to students currently enrolled in WRIT 140 after having taken WRIT 120 or WRIT 121.
WRIT 095 students meet once a week with a Writing Center consultant to work on their WRIT 140 assignments or individualized writing tasks assigned by the consultant.
To receive credit for the course, students must:
- Be actively engaged in the process of improving their writing
- Attend their regular weekly appointments at least 12 times. An excused absence does not count toward attendance.
How to enroll
If you are notified by the Writing Program that you are required to take WRIT 095, you need to do the following:
- Register for WRIT 095 when you register for classes, and you will be assigned a section of the course.
- In the first week of classes, you must come to the Writing Center at that scheduled time.
- At the Writing Center you will receive an introduction to the course and you will have an opportunity to schedule a weekly appointment with a Writing Center consultant. The hour you choose may be different from the hour you were first scheduled for the course.
In scheduling weekly appointments, student athletes have to make sure that their practice time and game schedules do not conflict with their WRIT 095 meetings.
- Director: Geoffrey Middlebrook
- Program Assistant: Roger Anderson
- Location: Taper Hall of Humanities Room 216
- Phone: (213) 740 - 3691
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org