How to make an appointment
Scheduling an on-campus conference in Taper Hall. Students may schedule an appointment for an individual conference with a writing consultant by phone at 213-740-3691 or by visiting our front desk during office hours. A student who comes to the Writing Center without an appointment may meet with a consultant if one is available. If not, walk-in students are put on a first-come-first-serve waiting list. We don’t arrange appointments by email.
Reserving an online writing conference using Skype. Click here to schedule an appointment for an online session. Skype software is free.
Tips for students
- Be sure to arrive at the Writing Center or log-on to the website at least five minutes early for your appointment to get checked in.
- Bring a copy of your writing assignment to your on-campus meeting at the Writing Center or have it ready to upload for your Skype session so the consultant can review it with you.
- Walk-in appointments at Taper Hall are easier to get earlier in the semester, but the Writing Center is very busy later in the semester. At those times it’s best to make an appointment in advance.
- If you can’t attend your scheduled on-campus conference, please call the Writing Center at 213-740-3691 so your time can be given to someone else. For Skype sessions only, click here to cancel.
- If you do not have Skype, click here.
- You may have up to two individual conferences per week depending upon availability. However, to ensure that our services are fairly distributed, you can only make one appointment at a time.
- If you are more than five minutes late for your appointment, it may be assigned to anyone who is on a waiting list to see a consultant.
- Appointments are for 30 minutes, starting on the half hour. Consultations may not be extended into the next half hour.
- If you miss a scheduled conference and do not call ahead of time to cancel your appointment, you won’t be able to make another reservation until the following week.
- Geoffrey Middlebrook
- Program Assistant:
- Roger Anderson
- Taper Hall of Humanities,
- Room 216
- Phone: (213) 740 - 3691
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org