Scheduling a conference in Taper Hall. Students may schedule an appointment for an individual conference with a writing consultant by phone at 213-740-3691 or by visiting our front desk during office hours. A student who comes to the Writing Center without an appointment may meet with a consultant if one is available. If not, walk-in students are put on a first-come-first-serve waiting list. We don’t arrange appointments by email.
Tips for students
- Be sure to arrive at the Writing Center at least five minutes early for your appointment to get checked in.
- Bring a copy of your writing assignment to your meeting at the Writing Center.
- Walk-in appointments at Taper Hall are easier to get earlier in the semester, but the Writing Center is very busy later in the semester. At those times it’s best to make an appointment in advance.
- If you can’t attend your scheduled conference, please call the Writing Center at 213-740-3691 so your time can be given to someone else.
- You may have up to two individual conferences per week depending upon availability. However, to ensure that our services are fairly distributed, you can only make one appointment at a time.
- If you are more than five minutes late for your appointment, it may be assigned to anyone who is on a waiting list to see a consultant.
- Appointments are for 30 minutes, starting on the half hour. Consultations may not be extended into the next half hour.