During Fall and Spring terms, the Writing Center conducts small-group workshops in a wide range of writing skills. Each week there are three or more one-hour workshop topics offered at different times. All workshops take place in THH 271. For the current schedule, click the link below.
Scheduling in advance. Students may reserve a place in a workshop by phone at 213-740-3691 or at our front desk during office hours.
Walking in. Students who have not made reservations may attend any workshop that has available places. We don't take reservations for workshops by email.
Tips for students
- Be sure to arrive five minutes early for your workshop to get checked in.
- Some workshops have openings for last-minute walk-ins, but to be sure of a spot, it’s best to sign up in advance.
- If you can’t attend your scheduled workshop, please call and cancel so your spot can be given to someone else.
- If you are more than five minutes late for your workshop, you may not be able to attend.
- No workshops are scheduled during the last two weeks of classes. However, you may ask to focus on any workshop topic in an individual conference.