Find out more about past events and other program benefits.
USC in the UK
While the UK is a great jumping off point for travel to continental Europe, there is much to see and do in Britain too! Students attending universities in England and Scotland are encouraged to participate in USC's Cultural Program during their semester or year abroad. Led by UK Resident Coordinator John Sharkey, this free program is designed to give Trojans a chance to come together a few times each semester, while discovering off-the-beaten-path destinations and events frequented mostly by locals.
UK Cultural Program, Sample schedule
- QMUL Orientation Meal, followed by the play, "The 39 Steps"
- KCL/LSE Orientation Meal, followed by "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" at The Savoy Theatre
- UCL/LSE Orientation Meal, followed by "Matilda" at The Criterion Theatre
- Edinburgh Orientation Meal, followed by The Literary Pub Crawl
- Sussex Orientation meals, and theatre outing in Brighton
Weekend Trips (vary by semester):
- Liverpool (including tickets to Premier League football)
- Stratford Upon Avon – including tickets for the Royal Shakespeare’s performance of King Lear
- The Scottish Highlands Tour
- Cardiff Weekend, including rugby international
- York weekend
- London group: Ascot Races (horseracing)
- Edinburgh group: International rugby Scotland versus Ireland
Guest Speaker Series:
- BBC reporter talk
- Lord Trimble, Member of Parliament
- National Theatre Tour and lecture
- Guided walking tour of London with Russell Nash
(All trips and speakers subject to change semester to semester)