Find out more about past events and other program benefits.
USC in the UK
While the UK is a great jumping off point for travel to continental Europe, there is much to see and do in Britain too! Students attending universities in England and Scotland are encouraged to participate in USC's Cultural Program during their semester or year abroad. Led by UK Resident Coordinator John Sharkey, this free program is designed to give Trojans a chance to come together a few times each semester, while discovering off-the-beaten-path destinations and events frequented mostly by locals.
UK Cultural Program, Sample schedule
- QMUL Orientation Meal, followed by Yes Prime Minister at the Windmill Theatre.
- KCL/LSE Orientation Meal, followed by An Ideal Husband at the Vaudeville Theatre
- UCL/LSE Orientation Meal, followed by The 39 Steps at The Criterion Theatre.
- Edinburgh Orientation Meal, followed by The Literary Pub Crawl
- Sussex and UEA Orientation meals, and theatre outing
Weekend Trips (vary by semester):
- Liverpool (including tickets to Premier League football)
- Stratford Upon Avon – including tickets for the Royal Shakespeare’s performance of King Lear
- The Scottish Highlands Tour
- Cardiff Weekend, including rugby international
- York weekend
- London group: Ascot Races (horseracing)
- Edinburgh group: International rugby Scotland versus Ireland
Guest Speaker Series:
- Dr. Aleks Sierz on Contemporary British Theatre followed by The Heretic at the Royal Court Theatre
- BBC reporter talk
- Lord Trimble, Member of Parliament
- National Theatre Tour and lecture
- Edinburgh Guest Speaker – Allan Foster talk on Robbie Burns (including Burns singer)
(All trips and speakers subject to change semester to semester)