Community Based Learning Collaborative
The Community-Based Learning Collaborative (CBLC) is a diverse group of faculty, staff, students, and community partners who share an interest in furthering the University¹s commitment to integrating public service into research and teaching. The mission of CBLC is to promote public service as an integral part of education and to foster reciprocal relationships between the University and the neighboring community.
Specifically, the CBLC seeks to:
- Increase awareness among students, faculty and community members about service-learning and other volunteer opportunities
- Develop and maintain a centralized source of information about community-based learning projects on campus
- Facilitate the development of new, innovative and interdisciplinary community-based learning projects for students and faculty
- Connect on- and off-campus resources in mutually beneficial partnerships
- Document and archive in a searchable database the wide range of community-based learning activities on campus