The purpose of the internship program is to help students make connections with what they learn in class and a practical experience in the world of politics. The Institute's internship program serves approximately 80-100 students per semester, with students interning in the offices of elected officials, non-profit organizations and political consultants.
The Unruh Institute offers internship opportunities in various locations throughout the country, including:
- Los Angeles & Southern California
- Sacramento & San Francisco
- Washington, DC
The Institute also introduces students to the political process through various opportunities including the following:
- Joseph R. Cerrell Sacramento Seminar - a 3-day conference at the State Capitol in which students meet and learn from California politicians, political staffers, and lobbyists.
- Students Talk Back - a weekly forum to discuss the latest news in the political sphere with professionals in the field and politically-active students from USC.
- HR Director's Panel - a hands on interviewing experience with HR directors from various political organizations in the Los Angeles area.
- Jobs Forum - a forum to discuss potential job opportunities and how to maximize your networks.
To find out more about POSC 395 and other internship opportunities, contact:
Jodi Epstein, Internship and Civic Engagement Associate, at
(213) 740-8964 or
- 3518 Trousdale Parkway, Von KleinSmid Center 263, Los Angeles, CA 90089-0045
- Phone: (213) 740 - 8964
- Fax: (213) 740 - 3167
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org