Application Deadlines: Fall 2013
• December 1, 2012: Freshman Application Deadline for Scholarship Consideration
• January 10, 2013: Freshman Application Deadline
It is your responsibility to ensure that all required application materials are sent to USC by the posted deadlines. Applications postmarked after the deadlines listed above are not guaranteed a priority review. In no case will applications be returned or application fees refunded.
To apply to USC Dornsife, please follow the steps below:
Complete the USC Application for Undergraduate Admission
USC is pleased to announce that in an effort to streamline our application process, we now use the Common Application exclusively.
1. Submit the Common Application and USC Supplement (both available at www.commonapp.org), any application supplemental materials, and the application fee. The application fee for USC is $80.
2. Official test scores: Arrange for the testing agency to send your official scores directly to USC. (Our SAT code is 4852; our ACT Code is 0470.) It may seem repetitive or unnecessary, but sending us both the unofficial printout and the official test score is to your advantage because it speeds our process.
3. Official High School Transcript: Please ask your school to send an official copy of your high school transcript. All mail may be sent directly to:Office of Undergraduate Admission
4. International Students in need of a student visa must file a Financial Statement of Personal or Family Support.
If you still have questions about the application process, please visit the Admission website.
Applying for Financial Aid
USC administers one of the largest financial aid programs in the United States, with many options available for a wide variety of students and special circumstances. If you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident and would like to be considered for need-based financial aid, please follow the following steps:
Complete and Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) -- The FAFSA is a document designed to assist the financial aid office in determining your elibility for the low-interest Federal Direct Stafford Loan, as well as federal and state grants. The deadline for submission of the FAFSA is February 1st, 2013. You may find and fill out the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov/.
Complete and Submit the CSS/Profile -- The CSS/Profile, along with the information from the FAFSA, will help the financial aid office determine your eligibility for USC student aid funds. The deadline for submission of the CSS/Profile is February 1st, 2013. You may find and fill out the CSS/Profile at profileonline.collegeboard.com/.
Our financial aid office will also ask you and your family to submit Federal Income Tax Return Information. To learn more about this and the other documents that the USC Office of Financial Aid will need in order to evaluate your application for financial aid, please visit their website, which may be found here.
When will you hear from us?
All freshman applicants who submit a complete application by the deadline will be mailed an admission decision by April 1st. USC does not have an early decision program. Only notification from the USC Office of Undergraduate Admission constitutes an offer of admission.