2013 SIGN-UP PROCEDURE
Fall 2013 SIGN UP PROCEDURE
Dear prospective Trojan Health Volunteers,
We just want to notify everyone that THV sign ups for Fall 2013 will be online.
Registration will promptly open at 12 PM on Monday, August 12th, and will continue throughout the weekend, closing at 12 pm on Monday, August 26th. The link for sign ups will be posted on both the THV blog and the Facebook page. In the meantime, we encourage you to check out the Facebook page and blog for more information about THV, take a look at the Fall 2013 Calendar, and read reviews about students' volunteer experiences at their respective sites.
All students who register will be required to enter the selection process at 7:00AM Tuesday, August 27th, at the JEP house. Students must be present when their name is called to be eligible. The door will be locked at 7:10AM. Students who are selected will then be required to attend a mandatory orientation session that week (6-7pm August 27th OR 4-5pm August 28th), obtain TB clearance before getting their site assignment, and complete orientation at the hospital/clinic prior to volunteering.
Below are some guidelines for this new process:
- As before, THV will be open to 2nd year students and above. No 1st year students will be allowed to sign up for THV
- Registration will be on a lottery system
- 2nd year undergraduates will have their name entered once
- 3rd year undergraduates/1st year post-bac will have their name entered twice
- 4th & 5th year undergraduates/2nd year post-bac will have their name entered three times
- Students who register but do not get drawn will receive 1 extra entry to be counted towards the next semester
We ask that students uphold integrity and select the correct grade level. If there should be any reason to check for accuracy, we reserve the right to do so.
Although this is a major change to our registration system, we would like to thank you for your patience in advance as we implement this for the first time. We hope this makes THV safer and more comfortable for our new students.