If you have an interesting project or program that needs funding, the first step to identifying private funding support is to sign up for CFR office hours. Following a discussion of your funding needs, CFR will work with you to explore funding opportunities, contact funders, navigate the university's clearance process, and help you prepare a letter of inquiry or proposal for submission.
Proposal Submission Process
Please review the Proposal Submission Process in PDF form here.
Important to Note:
- Overhead and fringe benefit rates must be included in all proposal budgets (federal and private)
- Comunication should continue throughout the proposal preparation process
- The Principal Investigator is responsible for complete and timely submission of proposals
- The proposal preparation process takes time (i.e. for budget development, document preparation, approvals)
- Faculty compensation in grant proposals is considered regular effort and cannnot be paid as a stipend or overload
- CFR needs to be informed of other proposals in the works and to which agencies, deadlines, etc.
- Matching requirements, including reduced overhead, require Dean's approval in advance of proposal preparation
- Guidelines, Requests for Proposals and solicitations should be sent to CFR as soon as possible
- Research projects funded by external sources require a research agreement between the funder (sponsor) and USC
Engaging Funders Worksheet
Clearance of Foundations
USC Dornsife Research Office
To learn more, please contact the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations.