USC Dornsife/Los Angeles Times Press Release
PRESS CALL 3/25: Results from USC Dornsife/Los Angeles Times Poll on Immigration, Gun Control and Public Education
HOW: Call-in spots are limited. To reserve a spot for the phone conference, RSVP to Suzanne Wu at email@example.com or (213) 740-0252.
United States: (800) 230-1085
International: (612) 234-9959
WHAT: A press call Monday, March 25 at 11:00 a.m. PT to discuss the latest findings from the USC Dornsife/Los Angeles Times Poll, the largest statewide survey of registered vote
Panelists include Dan Schnur, director of the Unruh Institute of Politics at USC, and representatives from polling firms Greenberg Quinlan Rosner and American Viewpoint.
- How have Californian voters' views shifted on immigration? Which proposed changes to our immigration system are supported by Republican voters? Do voters support a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants?
- Do Californians believe that immigrants have a mostly positive or mostly negative effect on the state economy?
- Are voters more concerned about curbing gun vioence or American's right to own guns? Which proposals to curb gun violence do voters support? Do Californians support allowing school districts to spend education funds on hiring armed security guards?
- On education, how do California voters feel about proposals to support K-12 public education, including making it easier to raise the parcel tax?
- Are Californians more optimistic than they were a year ago about the state's future? Do they approve of the job being done by Governor Jerry Brown?
For more information about the USC Dornsife/Los Angeles Times Poll, including past results and methodology, visit /poll.
WHEN: Phone conference Monday, March 25 at 11:00 a.m. PT
WHO: Panelists include:
- Dan Schnur, director of USC Dornsife/Los Angeles Times Poll and director of the Unruh Institute of Politics at USC
- Representatives from polling firms Greenberg Quinlan Rosner and American Viewpoint
About the USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences/Los Angeles Times Poll: The USC Dornsife/Los Angeles Times Poll is a series of statewide public opinion polls in California, designed to survey voter attitudes on a wide range of political, policy, social and cultural issues.
Conducted at regular intervals throughout the year, the USC Dornsife/Los Angeles Times Poll is one of the largest polls of registered voters in the state and has been widely cited, helping to inform the public and to encourage discourse on key political and policy issues.
About USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences: USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences is the heart of the university. The largest, oldest and most diverse of USC's 19 schools, USC Dornsife is composed of more than 30 academic departments and dozens of research centers and institutes. USC Dornsife is home to approximately 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students and more than 750 faculty members with expertise across the humanities, social sciences and sciences.
About the Los Angeles Times: The Los Angeles Times is the largest metropolitan daily newspaper in the country, with a daily readership of 2 million and 3 million on Sunday, and a combined print and interactive local weekly audience of 4.5 million. The fast-growing latimes.com draws over 10 million unique visitors monthly.