This is a full-time, entry-level position expected to provide administrative support as part of the PERE/CSII team.
A formal job description follows:
The Administrative Assistant is expected to provide administrative support as part of a team supporting Professor Manuel Pastor and Project Manager Rhonda Ortiz. The Administrative Assistant is expected to be able to work in a fast-paced work environment, balance tasks with attention to detail, and be willing to provide general assistance wherever necessary.
The Administrative Assistant should be proficient in MS Office applications (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and have strong verbal and written communication skills. S/he should be self-motivated and capable of working effectively both independently and as part of a team. An interest in social, economic, and environmental justice as well as experience in student advocacy and/or community organizations is preferred.
Job responsibilities include:
- Coordinates the preparation, development and production of major documents, such as proposals, manuscripts, accreditation reviews. Coordinates efforts or contributions of multiple staff and/or faculty.
- Composes and produces a variety of business correspondence, reports and related materials or guides the work of other staff who produce these materials. Reviews and signs, as authorized.
- Edits documents produced by others.
- Ensures confidentiality and controls access to sensitive information such as faculty or staff personnel files.
- Responds to inquiries and requests for information requiring knowledge of departmental and University policies and procedures.
- Performs administrative duties associated with scheduling and coordinating meetings and planning events. Arranges with vendors for services, prepares agendas, gathers and organizes supporting information, and oversees production and distribution of related materials. Attends functions to ensure satisfactory outcome. Records minutes and summarizes for typing and distribution.
- Assists in budget preparation by gathering historical data in a limited area, such as materials and supplies or salaries. Tracks and monitors assigned budget expenditures and reports on variances.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor's degree.
USC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer that actively seeks diversity in its workplace.
The wage range for the position is listed as $33,000-$36,000 a year. The position is funded by grants/soft money.
We are accepting online applications for the Administrative Assistant position through the University's "Jobs @ USC" website only. (Please do not email or fax your application materials to PERE.)
- Please go to this link: http://jobs.usc.edu:80/postings/20689
- Click "Apply to this Job" at the top of the page and follow instructions on creating a login