We Want to Change the World. Show Us How.
These newest members of the Trojan Family have the initiative to seek changes and the perspicacity to see them through.
Before entering USC College, these freshmen saw what they needed to do and took action. Their motivations differ. For Maurice Turner, his Aunt Laura’s Alzheimer’s set him in motion. Alice Hall-Partyka became fed up with garbage strewn in waterways.
Some prompts came from cataclysmic events. Steve Zhou, for example, was moved by a rash of student suicides at his high school. Others, seemingly commonplace: Sheena Khanna was inspired by everyday storage containers.
Whatever the catalyst, these six freshmen have the initiative to seek changes and the perspicacity to see them through. The newest additions to the Trojan Family exemplify what makes USC College so extraordinary. In the fall of 2010, the College welcomed 1,900 new freshmen and transfers. Of nearly 18,800 freshmen applicants to the College, only 22 percent were admitted.
Read the profiles of these six freshman:
Social Justice with a Kick
Major: African American Studies
Keeping Memories Alive
Ambitious, Just Add Water
Major: Environmental Studies
Major: Neuroscience, Baccalaureate/MD
Triumph Over Tragedy
Related News Items
- Art’s Digital Revolution December 16, 2014
- World-Changing Major December 10, 2014
- Diagnosis Success December 4, 2014
- Brave New World December 2, 2014
- As Young as You Feel November 20, 2014
- Recognition for Pratt’s Work November 18, 2014
- Researching the Pacific Rim November 13, 2014
- Small in Stature, Big on Health November 13, 2014
- The Best of the West November 7, 2014
- Mechanics of String Theory November 6, 2014
- France to Access Testimony November 5, 2014
- Collaboration in 3-D October 28, 2014
- Michelson Center for Convergent Bioscience Ushers in New Era October 23, 2014
- USC Dornsife Recruits Renowned Leaders in Molecular Research October 23, 2014
- Technology and the Humanities October 20, 2014
- Golgi Your Brain October 20, 2014
- My Name Is Water October 16, 2014
- Earn a Ph.D. in Religion October 10, 2014
- Light on the Darkest Hours October 8, 2014
- In Their Own Words October 8, 2014