We Want to Change the World. Show Us How.
These newest members of the Trojan Family have the initiative to seek changes and the perspicacity to see them through.
Before entering USC College, these freshmen saw what they needed to do and took action. Their motivations differ. For Maurice Turner, his Aunt Laura’s Alzheimer’s set him in motion. Alice Hall-Partyka became fed up with garbage strewn in waterways.
Some prompts came from cataclysmic events. Steve Zhou, for example, was moved by a rash of student suicides at his high school. Others, seemingly commonplace: Sheena Khanna was inspired by everyday storage containers.
Whatever the catalyst, these six freshmen have the initiative to seek changes and the perspicacity to see them through. The newest additions to the Trojan Family exemplify what makes USC College so extraordinary. In the fall of 2010, the College welcomed 1,900 new freshmen and transfers. Of nearly 18,800 freshmen applicants to the College, only 22 percent were admitted.
Read the profiles of these six freshman:
Social Justice with a Kick
Major: African American Studies
Keeping Memories Alive
Ambitious, Just Add Water
Major: Environmental Studies
Major: Neuroscience, Baccalaureate/MD
Triumph Over Tragedy
Related News Items
- A Change of Heart April 1, 2015
- Hidden Costs March 30, 2015
- Dyer Joins English Department March 27, 2015
- Bucky-Balls Become Buckybombs March 27, 2015
- Investigative Historian March 16, 2015
- Ehrenreich and Ralph Earn Sloan Fellowships March 4, 2015
- Center for Economic and Social Research March 3, 2015
- Jackson Discusses American Muslims with President Obama March 3, 2015
- Just Getting Warmed Up March 3, 2015
- Unlocking Pain Relief February 20, 2015
- On Our Best Behavior February 20, 2015
- Japan, Spies and the Roman Empire February 17, 2015
- Grotesque Yet Beloved February 13, 2015
- ‘Housewife to House Speaker’ February 12, 2015
- Waterman Awarded Prestigious Dan David Prize February 11, 2015
- Ahead of the Game February 9, 2015
- The People’s Academic February 9, 2015
- Better Cures, Better Care February 5, 2015
- Upstream and Downstream February 4, 2015
- Partners in Sustainability and Environmental Studies February 3, 2015