Peter Mancall on C-SPAN Book TV Monday, Oct. 12
The television network will air a presentation given by Mancall on his new book about the life and expeditions of Henry Hudson.
By now, Peter Mancall should be used to appearing on television. Monday, Oct. 12, will mark the second time in three months that viewers can watch Mancall discuss his new book on Henry Hudson.
The director of the USC-Huntington Early Modern Studies Institute and USC College professor of history and anthropology will be featured on C-SPAN2 on Oct. 12 at 6 a.m. (ET). The lecture, which Mancall delivered at the Museum of the City of New York on Sept. 17, 2009, was taped by the network as part of its Book TV program.
In the aired program, Mancall discusses Fatal Journey: The Final Expedition of Henry Hudson — A Tale of Mutiny and Murder in the Arctic (Basic Books, 2009) and recounts Hudson’s journey and tragic end.
Mancall also presented his book on Comedy Central’s The Daily Show with Jon Stewart on July 14, 2009.
Fatal Journey is Mancall’s fifth book. Others include Hakluyt's Promise: An Elizabethan's Obsession for an English America (Yale University Press, 2007) and Deadly Medicine: Indians and Alcohol in Early America (Cornell University Press, 1995).
Related News Items
- Dean Kay Appoints New Armenian Institute Director and Faculty August 18, 2014
- From Berlin to Baghdad? August 12, 2014
- Estebanico’s Turn to Speak July 29, 2014
- A Healing Experience in Brazil July 29, 2014
- Life Goes On July 2, 2014
- Sanchez Selected AHA-PCB President June 24, 2014
- Hats Off to Dr. Research June 12, 2014
- Selfie-Esteem May 5, 2014
- A Case for Balancing Your Checkbook April 28, 2014
- From Melville to Medieval India April 3, 2014
- True Tales of Survival March 14, 2014
- A Racing Legend Revisited March 12, 2014
- Tales from Two Cities March 6, 2014
- She’s an American Girl March 3, 2014
- From China to L.A. January 28, 2014
- The Corner Booth January 24, 2014
- No Lie January 22, 2014
- A Banner Day January 16, 2014
- One Cool Cat December 13, 2013
- Law With Social Impact December 12, 2013