Peter Mancall on C-SPAN Book TV Monday, Oct. 12
The television network will air a presentation given by Mancall on his new book about the life and expeditions of Henry Hudson.
By now, Peter Mancall should be used to appearing on television. Monday, Oct. 12, will mark the second time in three months that viewers can watch Mancall discuss his new book on Henry Hudson.
The director of the USC-Huntington Early Modern Studies Institute and USC College professor of history and anthropology will be featured on C-SPAN2 on Oct. 12 at 6 a.m. (ET). The lecture, which Mancall delivered at the Museum of the City of New York on Sept. 17, 2009, was taped by the network as part of its Book TV program.
In the aired program, Mancall discusses Fatal Journey: The Final Expedition of Henry Hudson — A Tale of Mutiny and Murder in the Arctic (Basic Books, 2009) and recounts Hudson’s journey and tragic end.
Mancall also presented his book on Comedy Central’s The Daily Show with Jon Stewart on July 14, 2009.
Fatal Journey is Mancall’s fifth book. Others include Hakluyt's Promise: An Elizabethan's Obsession for an English America (Yale University Press, 2007) and Deadly Medicine: Indians and Alcohol in Early America (Cornell University Press, 1995).
Related News Items
- At the Edge of the Known World June 1, 2015
- Wonder of the West June 1, 2015
- A Century of Voices April 7, 2015
- Cultivating Curiosity March 23, 2015
- Investigative Historian March 16, 2015
- Institute Debuts Directory of Armenian Genocide Commemorations February 25, 2015
- Doubling-down February 24, 2015
- Money Talks February 24, 2015
- Japan, Spies and the Roman Empire February 17, 2015
- Grotesque Yet Beloved February 13, 2015
- Her Heart’s in the Far East February 13, 2015
- Write on Target February 6, 2015
- Life as a ‘Half Immigrant’ February 3, 2015
- Trombley Joins The Huntington December 18, 2014
- Achieving Accountability December 16, 2014
- The Art and Science of Peppermint December 8, 2014
- Brave New World December 2, 2014
- ‘We Are One People’ December 1, 2014
- Hub of Armenian Studies November 25, 2014
- The Best of the West November 7, 2014